COVID-19 Resources for Providers
The following resources will support child care and home centers efforts on early childhood development during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Franklin County RISE - Provider Incentives
• Franklin County RISE - Teacher Supports
• Child Care Stabilization Sub-Grant Opportunities
• COVID-19 Relief for Child Care Providers – [First Five Years Fund]
• Cleaning & Disinfection for Households – [CDC]
• Reopening Guidance for Cleaning & Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, & Homes – [CDC]
• Guidance for Child Care Programs that Remain Open – [CDC]
• What Parents Should Know About Sending Children Back to Child Care
Step Up To Quality
Franklin County is continuing to offer FREE online training to help child care providers maintain or become highly-rated (3-5 stars) by Ohio's Step Up To Quality (SUTQ) rating and improvement system in order to take part in Publicly Funded Child Care (PFCC).
At no cost to providers, you can participate in FREE monthly online trainings to help you achieve or improve your star-rating. The training includes 32 hours of OCCRRA-approved professional development that will help you build your Step Up To Quality registration packet.
May 2022 Online Training Information
• 32 hours of self-guided training
• 24/7 online access to the course
• Virtual office hours (phone or Zoom) for technical assistance will be available by appointment on Saturdays.*
Once you're registered for the course, please email instructor Terrie Lavene at [email protected] to schedule an appointment.
| Opens on Saturday, May 7, 2022
*Technical assistance appointments may be scheduled for alternative times/days on a case-by-case basis. Please contact Terrie Lavene for more information upon registration.
Take your first step today!
Get started in the Step Up To Quality registration process by calling 614-233-2787 or by registering online.
Why is a Star-Rating Important For Providers?
Being Star rated and staying Star rated is a sign for parents that your home or center:
✔️ IS HELD TO THE HIGHEST QUALITY STANDARDS WHEN CARING FOR THEIR CHILDREN
✔️ OFFERS A SAFE, CARING, AND NURTURING ENVIRONMENT TO HELP THEIR CHILDREN LEARN AND GROW
✔️ PROVIDES A FIRM FOUNDATION FOR CHILDREN, NOW AND INTO THE FUTURE
✔️ HAS STAFF THAT CAN HELP THEIR CHILDREN DEVELOP VERBAL AND SOCIAL SKILLS AND PREPARE THEM FOR SCHOOL
✔️ GIVES ALL STAFF THE OPPORTUNITY TO THRIVE
Want to learn more about Step Up To Quality? Check out the resources below.
Action for Children is the local child care resource and referral agency for Central Ohio, serving Columbus and Franklin County, as well as Delaware, Fairfield, Licking, Madison, Pickaway, and Union Counties.
Future Ready Columbus serves as the backbone entity to organize, align and mobilize a variety of stakeholders and providers to create collective impact that benefits children, families, and ultimately, entire communities.
Ohio's governance and administrative structures have the authority and responsibility to oversee, implement and coordinate state–funded or state–administered early childhood programs and services for children and their families.
Stay connected with us!