Summer Youth Works Program
Click to download a complete list of 2017 Summer Youth Works Program Providers.
Through the Franklin County Summer Youth Works Program the Franklin County Board of Commissioners will place 2,385 TANF (Temporary Assistance to Needy Families) eligible youth in summer work experience programming utilizing the CCMEP (Comprehensive Case Management Employment Program) Model. The Franklin County Summer Youth Works Program is operated by Franklin County Department of Job and Family Services. Download HERE for a complete list of Summer Youth Works program providers.
- Must be a Franklin County resident
- Gross family income must be at or below 200% of the federal poverty level
- Must a be US Citizen or Qualified Alien defined in OAC 5101:1-2-30 (verification must be provided)
- All household members must provide social security numbers or verification of social security number application
Participants must fall into one (1) of the following service categories:
- Youth ages 14-15, as long as the youth is a minor child in a needy family and is in school
- Youth ages 16 -18, as long as the youth is a minor child in a needy family and is in school (youth may be 18 if they are a full-time student in secondary school)
- Youth ages 18- 24 , as long as they are in a needy family that also has a minor child o Youth ages 18-24, that have a minor child and are considered needy (youth may be a noncustodial parent as long as they are considered “needy” and have a minor child)
- Youth in a foster care setting, that are between the ages 14 – 15 years if they are a full-time student in secondary school