Applying for Child Care is easy. No face-to-face interview is required. Once you are determined eligible, you only need to reapply once a year and report any changes to your case within 10 days.
To get started, simply complete the Application for Child Care Benefits (JFS 01138) and submit it to FCDJFS by:
In order for FCDJFS to process your completed application, you need to provide the following information:
- The name and address of a licensed child care provider/program of your choice,
- Copies of citizenship or Qualified Alien status verification for each child needing care (i.e. copy of a birth certificate or I9 immigration form)
- Proof of employment showing the past 30 days of income and/or
- Proof of enrollment in an approved school or training activity
- Proof of household size
- You may be asked to verify physical custody of your child(ren) (i.e. custody papers, school verification)
Applications are processed in the order they are received, once all necessary verification has been provided.