Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) is a supplemental nutrition program for women (pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding), infants, and children up to 5 years old. WIC provides nutrition education, nutritious foods, breastfeeding education and support.
- Nutrition assessment, education and counseling,
- Coupons to use at major grocery stores for nutritious foods including baby food, milk, eggs, cereal, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and peanut butter or dried beans,
- Referral to health and social service providers,
- Breastfeeding education and support,
- Breast pumps as needed for work or school, and
- Infant formula for infants not being exclusively breastfed.
WIC services are provided by appointment at one of the many locations around Franklin County. Visit Columbus Public Health's website
to learn more about the program, check for WIC eligibility and view office locations.