COVID-19 Resources for Providers
As child care and home centers begin reopening, the following resources will support their efforts on early childhood development during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• COVID-19 Relief for Child Care Providers – [First Five Years Fund]
• Home-Based Child Care Emergency Fund Toolkit - [Reinvestment Fund]
• Cleaning & Disinfection for Households – [CDC]
• Reopening Guidance for Cleaning & Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, & Homes – [CDC]
• Cleaning & Disinfection for Non-emergency Transport Vehicles - [CDC]
• Guidance for Child Care Programs that Remain Open – [CDC]
• What Parents Should Know About Sending Children Back to Child Care
• Pandemic Support Payments: Child Care Centers
• Pandemic Support Payments: Type A Homes, Type B Homes, Day Camps, & In-Home Aide
Step Up To Quality
Did you know that by September 2020 all child care providers must be Star rated by Ohio's Step Up To Quality (SUTQ) rating and improvement system in order to take part in Publicly Funded Child Care (PFCC)? Franklin County is the first in the state to offer FREE training to help child care providers become or stay Star rated.
While the SUTQ deadline has been moved due to the COVID-19 pandemic, supporting high-quality child care is more important than ever. Many providers are not able to serve kids and families right now due to the pandemic; however, they do have the opportunity to use this time to get ahead of the game and take advantage of the free online training that Franklin County is continuing to offer during this time.
At no cost to providers, you can participate in FREE monthly online trainings to help you become or stay Star rated before the new deadline. The training includes 32 hours of OCCRRA-approved professional development that will help you build your Step Up To Quality registration packet.
August 2020 Online Training Information
|| • 32 hours of self-guided training
• 24/7 online access to the course
• Virtual office hours (phone or Zoom) for technical assistance will be available by appointment on Tuesdays or Saturdays.*
Once you're registered for the course, please email instructor Terrie Ragland at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
| Opens on Saturday, August 1, 2020
*Technical assistance appointments may be scheduled for alternative times/days on a case-by-case basis. Please contact Terrie Ragland for more information upon registration.
Take your first step today!
Get started in the Step Up To Quality registration process by calling 614-233-2787 or by registering online.
Why is a Star-Rating Important For Providers?
Being Star rated and staying Star rated is a sign for parents that your home or center:
✔️ IS HELD TO THE HIGHEST QUALITY STANDARDS WHEN CARING FOR THEIR CHILDREN
✔️ OFFERS A SAFE, CARING, AND NURTURING ENVIRONMENT TO HELP THEIR CHILDREN LEARN AND GROW
✔️ PROVIDES A FIRM FOUNDATION FOR CHILDREN, NOW AND INTO THE FUTURE
✔️ HAS STAFF THAT CAN HELP THEIR CHILDREN DEVELOP VERBAL AND SOCIAL SKILLS AND PREPARE THEM FOR SCHOOL
✔️ GIVES ALL STAFF THE OPPORTUNITY TO THRIVE
Want to learn more about Step Up To Quality? Check out the resources below.
Action for Children is the local child care resource and referral agency for Central Ohio, serving Columbus and Franklin County, as well as Delaware, Fairfield, Licking, Madison, Pickaway, and Union Counties.
Future Ready Columbus serves as the backbone entity to organize, align and mobilize a variety of stakeholders and providers to create collective impact that benefits children, families, and ultimately, entire communities.
Ohio's governance and administrative structures have the authority and responsibility to oversee, implement and coordinate state–funded or state–administered early childhood programs and services for children and their families.
Stay connected with us!