As Franklin County Department of Job and Family Services (FCDJFS) prepares the for the statewide move from the CRIS-E benefit eligibility system to Ohio Benefits, the Agency is offering guidance to customers and community partners to help ensure a stable transition.
- July 16 - The Community Portal will be updated to the Community Partner Portal. Customers that visit the site will be redirected to the Self-Service Portal (SSP) where they can access information about and apply for benefits. Partners will no longer have access to the Search feature to determine benefit eligibility of FCDJFS customers.
- July 16 - Transition of new customers that are applying for SNAP (food assistance), TANF (cash assistance) or Medicaid to Ohio Benefits. New intake customers should call 1-844-640-OHIO (6446) to apply for SNAP/TANF/Medicaid benefits. Click HERE for a flyer to share with your customers.
- Aug. 28 (tentative) - Transition of customers that are renewing/reapplying for benefits to Ohio Benefits.
- Aug. 31 - Community Partner email will no longer be active.
- Although community partners will no longer be able to view customer information, customers can access their own information by creating an account on the self-service portal at https://ssp.benefits.ohio.gov/.
- Only Medicaid will be available prior to July 16.
- After July 16, only new SNAP/TANF Intakes will be processed in Ohio Benefits until Aug. 28, when full converion happens.
- Existing customers will not be able to access SNAP/TANF benefits online initially. They will need to request to link their SNAP/TANF case to this Ohio Benefits website. It may take a few days for the information to be available online.
- Already active SNAP/TANF residents receiving benefits prior to July 16 in CRIS-E will not be able to see information until after Aug. 28 when the CRIS-E to OB conversion happens.
- If customers need help registering on the self-service portal, they can watch this video or use this guide.
- For more information on the transition, we invite you to attend the next "JFS On The Road session on Aug. 16. Click HERE for more information and to RSVP.
FCDJFS appreciates your patience and partnership through this transition.